Purchase A Domain Name
Learn how to purchase a domain name to connect to your online store with our recommended provider
Purchasing and setting up your own domain is a very simple process that takes about 15 minutes. The below guide will help you do this with https://www.namecheap.com as this is our recommend domain registrar.
- 2.Use the domain name search box at the center of the page to look for a domain name
- 3.Add the domain name of your choice to your cart
- 4.Press the "View Cart" button on the right to progress through the checkout
- 5.We recommend disabling the "WhoisGuard" option as this is not ideal for public businesses.
- 6.Select "Confirm Order" button on the right side
- 7.Complete your order by creating an account and entering your payment details.
Once you have purchased a domain, you will need to complete the steps in our other article "Setup A Custom Domain". You will need to access your domain DNS settings to complete those steps. On Namecheap, you can do this by:
- 1.Logging in to Namecheap and going to your account dashboard
- 2.Select the "Domains List" on the left menu
- 3.Select the "Manage" button beside your domain name
- 4.Navigate to the "Advanced DNS" tab under your domain settings
- 5.Press "Add New Record" to create a DNS record.
A domain is any web address, for example, 'google.com' is a domain.
Your store will be accessible on your own unique subdomain that you can choose. Your subdomain will always be hosted under "example.cloudwaitress.com". Every subdomain must be unique and is taken on a first come first serve basis.
A custom domain is a domain name you purchase and connect to our service. You can register any domain name available such as "yourbusiness.com" and connect it to our service. This way customers can go directly your domain name to find your online ordering system.
It is often desirable to have your own domain name for your store in order to better promote your own brand and business. It is much easier to tell your customers to find you at "order.yourbusiness.com" instead of "yourbusiness.cloudwaitress.com".